Hokkaido Inaka

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Racism in Japan

http://www.debito.org/roguesgallery.html

Interesting photo gallery of racist signs posted around Japan from a group bringing a law suit against the national government. From personal experience, these guys are spot on with this law suit; the blatant racism in this country is ridiculous. Fortunately for me, I'm not Russian and I speak decent Japanese, but even still I've been the recipient of more than a few racially(or at least that is how it seemed) motivated comments/rejections. I should point out, however, that like everything in Japan, the flip side is that Japan can be one of the most welcoming places I've ever been. Frustrating...

1 Comments:

  • Entering in the foreigner will be hold back from hold the world cup...I think if they agree to use hilarious english we should let them be racist. I can't wait to see you when you get back.

    By Blogger indianaandjones, at 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home